About Amethyst Website Design
Amethyst Website Design is a small business - solo entrepreneurship - located in Phoenix, Arizona (in Ahwatukee), and owned by Marcy Díaz. I started working on websites in the mid-1990's and have designed and developed websites and blogs for small businesses, mother's groups, nonprofits, and churches. I especially love working with new and small businesses, and can help you with the online part of your business. I create a custom-coded website for you using WordPress, so that you are able to easily add content yourself. I also provide custom coaching, so that you are comfortable working with your new website.
Your Concerns as a Client
So what can I do for you? How can I help you with your website needs?
You know your business, and you know your customers and clients. I listen to you, what you have to say about your work, your clients, your business needs, what styles and colors you like, what functions you and your customers need, and then I create a website to help you achieve your business goals.
I've provided a Website Design Worksheet to you help discover what your needs are. You can download it for free and get started with your website design plans. Yes, even if you don't work with me. (But be sure to get my website tips in your email, too.)
Website Services You May Need
- If you don't currently have a website, we can work together to create a website to put your small business online, and you'll be able to easily update your new site yourself.
- If your website has gotten out of date, we can create a fresh, mobile-friendly site.
- If you just need a few edits to your site, we can do small website updates, and yes, we can add Pinterest or Facebook buttons too.
- If you've tried to do-it-yourself, but are frustrated with a website builder that won't cooperate, we can help by either updating your site for you or moving you to a WordPress website that you can update yourself.
- If you have a website you love, but want to be able to update it yourself, we can add editable areas for you.
- If you're local to the Phoenix, Arizona area, especially Ahwatukee, Chandler, Tempe, Mesa, or Gilbert, and you want to work with a local small business, well, we're local and small.
Some Things about Marcy
- I've taught adults and children to read.
- When my daughter was a toddler, I created an alphabet game for her on a TRS80 computer (pre-PC and pre-Apple :).
- I rapelled down into a cave, but turned down the offer to go sky diving.
- I was an electrical engineer for an aerospace company for ten years, and worked on the space shuttle program.
- I ran for public office once and was elected.
- I started a support group for parents who homeschool their children and also counseled them on learning styles and curriculum choices.
- I've volunteered nearly all my life for very diverse organizations, sometimes as a leader, and sometimes as a follower.